Timber Doors, Built in Scotland – Distributed UK Wide
Why Choose Timber Over uPVC?
– Timber windows and doors exude an air of sophistication that cannot be replicated by uPVC.
– They won’t fade or discolour and can be easily updated with a fresh coat of paint or stain. Grey may be the fashionable colour now but what happens in 5 years’ time if they are not, it is far cheaper to repaint timber than it is to replace uPVC.
– Timber is a naturally insulating material, offering increased thermal efficiency over uPVC. Our Fully Certified, A rated, Energy timer windows are available in hardwood or softwood and double or triple glazed.
– Timber windows and doors are much easier to repair than uPVC should they become damaged or scratched, and with the right care timber windows will last 60-80 years compared to just 30 years for uPVC.
– Timber is the only truly sustainable building material, emitting less Co2 in the manufacturing process than its manmade rivals. unlike uPVC it is carbon neutral, fully recyclable and biodegradable. You would save approximately three quarters of a tonne of Co2 per average house over the lifetime of windows compared to plastic.